Simplistic Complexities!!!

Complicating simple stuff seems to be the motto of the current era. Value addition today, comes at the cost of the Core Value system in itself.

Take Mailing for starters, especially sending out an e-mail from a smartphone. Opt to send out a mail and there pops a list of mail accounts, pick one and the next is a question on plain text or html, answer that and the query regarding attachments needs to be negotiated, and once you think you can now focus on typing the message, you have to make a decision on the input option - QWERTY sliding board, On screen QWERTY and further a single click typing or a SWYPE slide option . . . phew, not sure if my wife can come up with so many questions . . . .

This seems to rub off on everything else as well. Take your car for an example. I remember our family’s monster Dodge, half the size of a truck, with complete 7 mm hard steel shell, weighing over a ton. It had just one simple key hole to start the car, shift those gears and off you go. Today, when I near my car, it senses my keyless entry pouch and blinks open. The moment I get into the car, a voice greets me in, another tells me what my fuel levels, tyre pressures are, a beeper reminds me to sync my Bluetooth to the car audio’s, a voice warns me my seat belts are not done, yet another announces that the GPS signals are low and the parking sensor reads out the distance between my car and the one parked in front. Even the Cessna we flew at the flying club did not have so many issues to comprehend with . . . .

Life would be just so wonderful if we could keep it simple and not overly complicate things, but alas, it isn't our way. Just to look at the number of different types, flavors, sizes, shapes, and features of toothpaste alone. There are those that kill germs, those that cement gums, venture between and inside cavities to ward off the evil forces, sets up a perfume factory inside your mouth to keep it smelling nice for hours. Then there are the domain experts – for kissing, for helping you eat ice creams etc. . .  

If that was not enough, take the current version of the English language in use, and no, I am not even talking about the SMS language in vogue (which I will save for a whole blog). I am referring to the long list of adjectives, euphemisms and all other decorative forms in words being thrown around, which otherwise can be communicated in a few words.  Read the paragraph below... and try to understand the meaning.

'Two individuals proceeded towards the apex of a natural geologic protuberance, the purpose of their expedition being the procurement of a sample of fluid hydride of oxygen in a large vessel, the exact size of which was unspecified.’

'One member of the team precipitously descended, sustaining severe damage to the upper cranial portion of his anatomical structure; subsequently, the second member of the team performed self-rotational translation, orientated in the same direction taken by the first team member.'

ANY GUESSES WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT??? It is the description of the great nursery rhyme . . . . “Jack and Jill, went up the hill to fetch a pail of water . . . . . “

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Asprin, Anyone ??

Popular posts from this blog

Yercaud Skywalk

The Magician of Masinagudi

Indian Gaur